- “Foreign Direct Investment and Female Employment in Vietnam,” with Jennifer Poole and Amelia Santos-Paulino, Transnational Corporations Journal, 2020, 27 (3), 133-155.
- “The Impact of Local Corruption on Business Tax Registration and Compliance: Evidence from Vietnam,” with Duong Le and Eddy Malesky , Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2020, 177, 762-786.
- “Effects of Temporary Corporate Income Tax Cuts: Evidence from Vietnam,” Journal of Development Economics, 2020, 146, 102476.
- “Oil Price Declines Could Hurt Financial Markets and A Possible Explanation,” with Ha Nguyen and Huong Nguyen, The Energy Journal, 2020, 41 (5), 1-22.
- “Firm Take-Up Rate of A Corporate Income Tax Cut: Evidence from Vietnam,” National Tax Journal, 2019, 72 (3), 575-598.
- “Modeling the Effect of Income Segregation on Communicable Disease Transmission,” World Medical& Health Policy, 2019, 11 (3), 288-315.
- “Racial and Ethnic Price Differentials in a Small Urban Housing Market,” with Sanjaya DeSilva and Michael Smith, Housing Policy Debate, 2012, 22 (2), 241-269.
- “Special Economic Zones in Vietnam,” with Brian McCaig, Margaret McMillan, and Marina Ngoma.
- Invited talks (includes scheduled): Washington Area International Trade Symposium (April 2021), NEUDC (November 2020).
- “Tax Policy and Household Businesses in Vietnam,” with Dinh Nguyen.
- Invited talks (includes scheduled): George Mason C-RASC Seminar (April 2021), Vietnamese Research Seminar (December 2020), National Tax Association Conference (November 2020).
RESEARCH IN PROGRESS
- “Collapsing Oil Prices and US Oil Firms During Covid-19: Is There a Role of Debt?,” with Caleb Cho, Ha Nguyen, and Huong Nguyen.
- “How Oil Price Declines Could Hurt the Economy: The Aggregate Demand Channel,” with Caleb Cho, Ha Nguyen, and Huong Nguyen.
- “Recentralization and the Informal Sector in Vietnam,” with Duong Le.
- “Special Economic Zones and the Informal Sector in Vietnam,” with Hung Nguyen.